Friday, June 6, 2014

Viva la Verve June 2014 Week 1 {Sketch + Color}

Welcome to our first Viva la Verve sketch of June!

Thanks so much for playing along and sharing all your fabulous cards in May!  I announced our May Viva la Diva last night, so scroll down or click here to view our May winner announcement to see if you're our May Viva la Diva!

The first challenge of each month is a sketch + color challenge.  I had a completely different combination picked out, then at the last minute I decided to change it to something I thought would work well with nautical/masculine cards, since that was what I needed to make.  Now that I'm typing up the post,  I just realized the colors are quite similar to last month, just swapping navy for the grey.  I guess that's what I get for trying a little spontaneity!  Sorry, I'll try to do better next month!  {grin}

We'll have 4 June challenges... play along with us and link each of your challenge creations to our Entry Form link list. The link list will be up for the whole month and we'll choose a random winner at the end of the month to win a $100 gift voucher to Verve. Challenge rules can be found on the Rules tab at the top of the blog or by clicking here.  You don't have to complete all of the sketches to win, but the more cards you enter, the greater your odds of winning are. Verve stamps are not required to play, but we do love to see 'em!  We'll also be highlighting a couple of our favorite link-ups each Tuesday, so be sure to get your links in if you're crafting over the weekend.

Here is the Week 1 sketch + color challenge.  Feel free to just use the sketch, just the colors (navy + yellow + aqua) or both!


To get you started, here is my sample card using the sketch and colors and sporting a little masculine theme in keeping with the A Man's World Diva Dare that started this morning.

by Julee Tilman using Strong Anchor and the Nautical Die Set

And here are a few beauties from the Divas...

by Maureen Plut using Be Blessed and Petals & Wings

by Anya Schrier using Poppy Birthday, Better Together and Words of Wisdom

by Stacey Schafer using Shining Star, Award Banner Trim Die and Shine Bright Sequins